Do you have a passion for helping children maximise their potential? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company at the cutting edge of developing children’s life skills excite you? Role Models offer online & offline life skills courses, 1:1 programmes, residential courses and workshops to children aged 5-15 as well as online & offline workshops to parents. We help children develop soft skills in order to reach their potential, and we also work with parents and schools to support them in their character education provision. We are entering an exciting stage of expansion and are now looking to grow our ‘Character Education Team’, this involves finding a passionate, experienced and flexible professional to support the Director of Character Education, Louise Treherne.
This opportunity will suit someone who has a passion for and commitment to developing children’s life skills with proven success and experience in the education of children. Experience of soft skills, training and delivery of workshops is required. You will have a track record of building and maintaining relationships with multiple and varied customers as well as being an excellent communicator both internally and externally. As part of a small dynamic business, you will be happy to ‘muck in’ and be flexible whilst being an independent thinker and confidently holding your own views.
Reporting to the Director of Character Education your work will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to curriculum & course design and content, for a range of life skills courses, aimed at 3-15 year olds (we are currently developing content for 3-5 year olds).
- Designing content for bespoke life skills programmes for specific children around a given brief.
- Recruitment of our ‘Role Models’, who deliver our courses. They tend to be a mixture of teachers, ex-teachers and actors.
- Working with the ‘Role Models’ who deliver the courses; training them ahead of the courses they will deliver, observing them in action and offering support regarding behaviour management, facilitation of the course content, dealing with parents etc. Occasionally jumping in to deliver content themselves if required.
- Delivering online & offline presentations to parents and schools about our work, courses and character education.
- Liaising with outside character education specialists to ensure high standards and relevant service.
- Developing relationships with schools, parents and other partners, representing the company and talking about the educational aspects of the courses and programmes.
- Promoting our educational views and updating our stakeholders on the latest developments in character education research.
- Research and design into measuring the impact of our work, collecting data and using this to create impact reports.
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise through different platforms: social media, panel discussions, presentations
- Development of new services for children, parents and schools.
- A range of activities that support the overall growth of the business.
Person Specification – we are searching for the right person to work with our current team, who:
- Is knowledgeable and experienced in education, ideally with some coaching experience.
- Is flexible and willing to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Understands and works according to our company values: growth mindset (i.e. work ethic), passion, integrity, quality.
- Is understanding of the fact that Role Models is an early stage business and, as such, the need to be contactable outside of normal working hours.
- Is an excellent communicator and someone who can build positive relationships.
- Is passionate, shows attention to detail and has high standards.
- Embodies the types of attributes and skills we are educating children in: empathy, good communication, growth mindset, resilience and the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Is interested in potentially travelling abroad when we deliver courses internationally.
The role would be 3-4 days/week as an employee. The offices are based in Battersea, SW11 5EN.
- Salary of £30-33k p.a. (depending on experience) based on 4 days/week plus a discretionary team bonus at the end of each quarter based on the company’s financial performance.
- Start on 23 days annual leave/year (excluding bank holidays), plus an extra day each year of employment up to a maximum of 28 days. 23 days is based on 5 days/week roles so this would be pro-rata’d accordingly.
- At least 1 day/week working from home.
- 2 weeks/year (in addition to the Christmas period) where people can work from home. This could be their parents’ home, for example.
- 5 Life Skills Course places at a 50% discount to offer to family and friends.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Laptop provided.
- Fun quarterly team events and ad hoc informal team drinks to manage our own well-being!
Role Models is only 6 years old and we have 6 full-time employees, so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
We are proud to have been included in the ‘Escape the City’ top 100 companies to escape to 2019. Find out more about Role Models and the established team at www.rolemodels.me