Discover our 45 Minute Early Years Online Sessions
These fun, interactive sessions are for children aged 3½ to 5 (pre-school & reception). We are launching with 4 initial separate sessions, each one designed to help your child develop their confidence, feelings, ideas or mindset. The sessions are scheduled to take place at different times throughout the week, including weekends, weekday mornings and afternoons.
These sessions are interactive; and led by an experienced and energetic Role Model. Sessions could have 1 to 9 children on them. Parents and carers are welcome to stay with their child for the session or allow them to participate independently. The session includes confidence building games, a story, a drawing activity and the children get to meet Marvellous Mo the Monkey!
We believe in the quality and impact of our work so if you decide, after the first session, that our Online Sessions are not a good fit for your child then we will provide a full refund of your total purchase.
After purchasing your session/s you will be asked to select your chosen sessions again so you do not need to pick all of your specific sessions now. The fastest way to buy more than one session is to increase the quantity of sessions in your cart at checkout.
Our sessions do not have an expiry date
Session breakdown questions
The 45 minute sessions will be run on a software called Zoom. The children will need to have access to a device that has the internet, runs PowerPoint and facilitates the use of audio and camera (webcam).
Information on Zoom Software
Please note that a free Zoom account and Zoom client software for PC, Mac or Linux is required in order to participate in these sessions. If you have not used Zoom before, please use these links to learn how to download the necessary software and then register an account;
(You can register with your name/email as the parent as during the first session it is possible to change the name displayed on the camera screen to your child’s)
Other notes on the online course:
- Your child will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/iPad with internet connection
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It’s important the children are relaxed and comfortable; if possible please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties.
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos, and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group.
More information will be shared in our pre-session email, which you will receive around 24 hours before the session is due to start.
- A 45 minute online session
- A group of between 1-9 children will be led by an inspirational Role Model
- Children can join the online session using ‘Zoom’ software (which can be downloaded) from your home. This software is very straight-forward and similar to Skype
- Children will need access to an internet connection and a suitable device (desktop computer/laptop/Ipad)
- The sessions should take place in a quiet room where there is a high bandwidth. The Role Model will run the programme from a quiet space too. It is vital that children are comfortable and able to speak openly
- You will be on a video call (like Skype or Facetime) led by one of our Role Models
- You could get the chance to speak one-on-one with the Role Model, or there may be up to 9 other children on the call
- You can wear comfortable clothes and have a drink nearby in case you need it
- It will be a fun session of games, talking, watching some videos and thinking together with the group
- We would love you tell us your ideas and feelings during the session, so talking and participating is definitely encouraged! But if there’s anything you don’t want to do, you can just sit and listen
- We can’t wait to meet you and learn some awesome new skills together!
The Role Models Early Years programme includes 4 different sessions for children in pre-school and reception (ages 3.5-5). These sessions can be completed in any order, or on their own.
Our courses follow an education framework developed by teachers, education experts and business leaders. This framework, based on the work of the Partnership for 21st century learning, defines the skills and knowledge that children need to thrive at school, at home and beyond.
Our courses have been written by our Character Education team who are highly qualified educators. Our course content emphasises the importance of developing life and career skills alongside academic attainment. You can read more about the other courses which we offer here and you can read more about the partnership for 21st Century learning here.
Our highly experienced team of Role Models are passionate about both education and social & emotional wellbeing. They’re energetic, engaging, and curious. They’re adept at combining educational rigour with fun, to create active learning environments that children love. All have been interviewed by our Recruitment Team and are reference and DBS checked.
Please make sure your child has a pen, pencil and a range of felt tips/crayons. There may also be some worksheets to print off: these will be linked in the pre-session email that you will receive around 24 hours before the session. If you don’t have access to a printer, then a pen and paper will work just fine.
Yes, that is fine. However, you will need to pay for a session for each child. Whilst we would encourage children to enter the session on separate devices, they can also join using the same device if needed.