The 90 minute sessions will be run on a software called Zoom. The children will need to have access to a device that has the internet, runs PowerPoint and facilitates the use of audio and camera (webcam).
Information on Zoom Software
Please note that a free Zoom account and Zoom client software for PC, Mac or Linux is required in order to participate in these session. If you have not used Zoom before, please use these links learn how to download the necessary software and then register an account;
Creating an Account
(You can register with your name/email as the parent as during the first session it is possible to change the name displayed on the camera screen to your child’s at a later stage)
Other notes on the online course:
- Your child will need a quiet space for the sessions and a computer/laptop/ipad with internet connection
- The sessions will be interactive so they will need to be seen (using the computer camera/webcam) and heard (using the computer microphone or headset)
- They will need a pen/pencil and paper during the sessions
- It’s important the children are relaxed and comfortable; if possible please do help them get set up for the first session and be on hand for any technical difficulties.
- Following that, we find these sessions work best when the children are given the independence to complete them alone rather than having other people listening and watching nearby. However please feel free to listen if you would like to!
- The content of the sessions will include discussion, games, watching videos, and sharing thoughts and ideas with the group. The children will at times be required to type using the keyboard and answer verbally
More information will be shared in our pre-course email, which you will receive towards the end of the week before the course starts.