For Podio Sessions Training please watch this video.
For how to upload timesheets please watch this video.
General Online Sessions Guidance
- Once you have committed to a session, please deliver. Unless it is due to exceptional circumstances, you cannot pull out of a session. If you do need to take yourself off of a session then you must tell the RM’s HQ team and we will arrange this.
- You are responsible to keep your own schedule of online sessions up to date. In Podio you are responsible for adding/removing yourself and the covering Role Model.
- If a child withdraws within 24 hours of the session starting, you can submit a timesheet. However, if the child withdraws >24 hours before, you will not be paid for this session. Role Models HQ cancels all sessions which have 0 children enrolled on them the day before, however, some parents may only withdraw their child closer to the session starting time. As above, you would still be paid in this situation, but the session would not run if that child were the only learner.
- If you experience technical problems on your end, then you are still expected to run the full hour from when you are able to start the session. If the internet is bad enough to cause the session to not go ahead, the Role Models HQ team will reschedule it with the parents. You will not be paid for this session. If you have any internet trouble, you must email the RM HQ team with what you will do to resolve the situation before your next session as well as a back-up plan for if it still fails. This should be emailed within 2 hours of the troubled session. If your internet is poor again then you will be docked ‘1’ from your operational score.
- If you experience technical problems that are a result of the Role Models HQ end, then we would ask you (if possible) to make the extra time up and run for a full hour. If this ends up being >10 mins extra then you can add this pro-rata to your timesheet.
- If none of your learners show up, please remain at your laptop for 15minutes. After this, please keep the meeting open and regularly check it in case they join much later. You can submit a timesheet for this session. Please note the no-shows on Podio as explained in the sessions workspace training video.
- If you only have one learner and they are late then you only need run to the end of the scheduled time.
- You must always go for the full duration of the session; please do not finish early, even by a few minutes, as parents expect the full session they have paid for.
- If a Role Model does any of the following then they will be docked ‘1’ from their operational score. This list is not exclusive and is the same for Outschool and Podio sessions. Your operational score starts on 5 and, if you are docked, will reset to 5 after two months of no issues.
- Does not turn up to deliver a session
- Turns up late to deliver a session
- Pulls out of a session within 72 hours
- Double books themselves into >1 session at the same time
- Has trouble with their internet for a second session in a row
- Does not accurately send their end of session email. On Outschool this means including the Top Tip, attachment, review requests and section links/your coupons where relevant.
- You overall score (explained in detail in the Outschool Training Video) will be used to help decide which Role Models to offer bespoke projects too.
Any questions, concerns or issues, please raise in the Sessions/Outschool WhatsApp groups
Outschool Specific Guidance
For Outschool Training and an explanation of how work is offered out, please watch this video. Please see the notes on this video for guidance on at what point certain things are explained.
- You will only be assigned to a Section on the understanding that you will be able to complete all sessions within it. If you then need cover for a week you will be docked ‘1’ from your operational score and the replacement Role Model will complete all remaining sessions in the Section.
- If you are assigned to a Section that no longer has any learners, you must inform the Role Model HQ team if you will no longer be able to run the sessions if someone were to enrol. We will then take you off. If you do not do this then you will be expected to run the session even if someone enrols 25 hours before it is due to start.
- If, out of working hours and less than 24 hours before the session, you receive a message from your only learner saying they will not be attending, you must inform RM HQ of this on the WhatsApp group. We can then remove that session so that no one else enrols. If you do not do this you will have to remain available at the time of the scheduled session in case someone new enrols.
- If you are assigned to a Section of 5 sessions (whether this be a Mon-Fri ‘course’ or 5 weekly ‘sessions’), then on session 3 you need to ask the Role Models HQ team for the links to the next Sections that you should be advertising in your end of session emails for sessions 4 and 5.
- Outschool now supports the use of coupons. Once you become an ‘Experienced’ Role Model, you will have two personalised coupons assigned to you (one for courses and one for sessions) under the structure ‘MODELARCOURSE30’ or ‘MODELARSESSION6’ where AR are your initials. Please then include this when you advertise the next Sections in your end of session emails. This gives the parent a small discount of their next enrolment and for each session that your coupon is used on you will receive $2. If the parent enrols onto a course, this is 5 sessions so you will receive $10. This will be paid in the form of a bonus, alongside fortnightly payroll, on a once a month basis.
- We are very happy for you to message parents to build rapport and to discuss other sessions we offer on Outschool (only), however, do not confirm anything with the parent as this is the Role Models HQ responsibility. Please inform Role Models HQ if a parent is enquiring about changing anything such as changing specific session dates or wanting 1-2-1 sessions.
- A reminder that you can see your Overall Score on your Role Model Portal.
Any questions, concerns or issues, please raise in the Outschool WhatsApp group