May 6, 2017
We’re hiring an Operations Manager
Do you have a passion for enabling small businesses to work to the best of their potential? For improving efficiency, implementing systems and delivering quality? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you? We are entering an exciting stage of expansion and now need an Operations Manager to help grow our business and realise our ambition to become market leaders in the character education space. Role Models offers children’s Life Skills Courses, Special Needs Camps and Creative Childcare to parents and schools wanting to support the holistic development of their children.
This opportunity will suit someone who:
- Is a proactive, self-starter with at least 3 years of office experience.
- Has an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, thrives on challenge and has a track record of delivering excellent results.
- Is an organised, diligent “doer” who has a passion for improving process, an eye for detail and who is constantly looking for solutions.
- Is able to multi-task and communicate well.
- Has the ability to learn how to use new software and has a comfort with numbers and technology; knowledge and experience of using accounting software is preferred but not essential.
Reporting directly to the MD the main activities you will be responsible for are:
- Sourcing and managing appropriate course and camp venues, dates, logistics & pricing.
- Liaising with parents regarding course & camp logistics and childcare roles.
- Managing course & camps staff logistics and the logistics of their training.
- All aspects of the business’s book keeping – raising and signing off invoices, expenses and payroll systems. Ensuring the business is up to date with meeting its payments, regulatory and insurance requirements.
- Helping to develop marketing materials for the business and using them to market our services.
- Reviewing the business’s systems and devising alternatives where appropriate.
- Supporting the day-to-day running and functionality of the office.
- We are looking for someone who can ideally start from late June 2017 and work full time at our lovely, co-working offices in Battersea, SW8 3HE: www.lebu.co.uk.
- The salary will be £25,000 – £28,000 p.a. (depending on experience) with a discretionary £2,000 performance-based bonus at the end of the year.
- 23 days holiday p.a.
- The role would commence with a 3-month probation period (including a 3-4 week handover period with the current part-time Operations Manager who leaves on July 17th) and will then become a full time role if the probation period is successful.
- You would have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team works from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you would be working in the office.
- Role Models is only 3.5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 2 full-time positions and 4 part-time positions. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility, allowing the rest of the team to focus on sales & marketing.
How to apply
To explore this exciting opportunity please CLICK HERE to send a covering letter and CV through the Escape the City system by Friday May 19th. Earlier applications are encouraged.