August 8, 2017
We’re hiring a Sales & Customer Relationship Manager
Do you have a passion for growing a small business focused on child development? Do you enjoy sales and keeping clients happy? Does the prospect of a pivotal role in a dynamic, young company excite you?
We are entering an exciting stage of expansion and now need a Sales & Customer Relationship Manager to help grow our business and realise our ambition to become market leaders in the character education space. Role Models offers children’s Life Skills Courses, Special Needs Camps and Creative Childcare to parents and schools wanting to improve the holistic development of their children.
This role is focused on the Creative Childcare service, which provides ad hoc and part-time childcare to London parents. We have around 300 child carers (we call them Role Models!) throughout London and our USP is that the Role Models all come with a skill; they are either musical, artistic, sporty, dramatic or academic. We want to inspire children by pairing them with a Role Model who shares their passion.
This opportunity as Sales & Customer Relationship Manager will suit someone who:
- Is a proactive, self-starter with at least 2-3 years of office experience.
- Has worked in a (soft) sales environment with a focus on high customer service and hitting sales targets.
- Has an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, thrives on challenge and has a track record of delivering excellent results.
- Is an organised, diligent “doer” who has a passion for improving process, an eye for detail and who is constantly looking for solutions.
- Is able to multi task and communicate well.
- Is a team player and enjoys building relationships over the phone and managing client expectations.
Reporting directly to the Creative Childcare Sales Director the main activities you will be responsible for are:
Growing our client base and our team of Role Models. This involves:
- Grasping and being able to clearly communicate the Role Models concept to new clients.
- Taking and making phone calls to interested new clients (parents).
- Managing the end to end process of understanding a family’s needs, finding a Role Model for that family, arranging the interview and securing the sale once a family are happy.
- Building new business by replying to childcare ads on a range of websites via email.
- Quickly and concisely answering client queries regarding our process, fees, etc.
- Update customer database and ensure all information is accurate and articulated to a good level of detail.
- Understanding what it takes to become a Role Model.
- Recruiting and interviewing potential Role Models by yourself (after training) and handling any queries they may have.
Although this is a ‘soft sales’ role you will be set monthly targets which we believe are achievable (even without much sales experience).
- We are looking for someone who can ideally start from early/mid September 2017 (but flexible) and work full time at our lovely, co-working offices in Battersea, SW8 3HE: http://www.lebu.co.uk/.
- The basic salary will be £21k p.a. during a 3-month probation period and move to £22-24k p.a. basic (depending on skills & experience) if the probation period is successful. In addition to your basic salary there is the opportunity to earn approximately £5-8k p.a. in commission, depending on sales. This commission is uncapped, so whilst £5-8k is a guideline, it is possible to earn more.
- 23 days holiday p.a.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home one day per week (currently the team work from home on Wednesdays) but otherwise you will be working in the office.
- Role Models is only 3.5 years old so the team is relatively small but well-formed and great fun! We have 3 full-time members of the team and 4 part-time members. As a result, you would have the opportunity to make a huge difference to the trajectory of this growing business and would be given significant responsibility.
- For more details on what Roles Models currently does please go to our home page www.rolemodels.me. To explore this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter and CV through the Escape the City system by Sunday August 20th. Earlier applications are encouraged and interviews may be carried out before the deadline.
The recruitment process will be made up of 2-3 rounds:
- A short 20 minute Skype interview.
- If successful, then a 90 minute face to face interview at our Battersea offices that will involve a 40 minute assessment exercise.
- If successful, a potential 30 minute Skype / face to face interview with a member of our Board.