At Role Models, our priority is the welfare of our students and staff. We have therefore put health & safety policies in place to minimize risks related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
These are in compliance with guidelines published by Public Health England and include:
- Any student or staff member joining the course must be symptom free
- All children joining the course must be symptom free
- Additional personal hygiene practices will be put into place during our courses. This will include the thorough washing of hands at regular intervals throughout the day and any resources being disinfected
In the event of any course being cancelled on the advice of Public Health England, insufficient booking numbers, or your child being unable to attend due to COVID-19, your booking will be refunded in full or pro-rata for time missed. Alternatively, you will have the option to transfer your booking to a future offline course or one of our online courses.
1. Attendance requirements
- We ask that parents and carers take responsibility for themselves and their children only attending a course if they are well and Covid-19 free.
- We ask that all those participating in our offline courses download the NHS Test and Trace App.
2. Venue guidelines
We will follow the guidelines in place at each specific course venue (all school settings) as well as the most up to date government guidance at the time of each course.
This may include:
- Social distancing
- Hand sanitising stations
- One-way systems
- Lateral Flow testing (staff only)
We will expect all site users to follow these guidelines including staff, children and parents.
3. Collection and drop off arrangements
- Children will be greeted and collected at the school’s doors as usual
4. Additional cleaning and hygiene processes
Additional cleaning and hygiene processes will be followed during the course:
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces, equipment, door handles and toilets used during the day
- Clear routines to ensure the children understand when and how to wash their hands (including when entering the setting, regularly throughout the day, before and after eating and when they leave)
- Hand sanitiser stations will be spread across the school, including in each classroom and various communal areas, such as the hall and the school reception
- There will be a good supply of disposable tissues throughout the setting in order to implement the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
5. Group size
- The number of children in each group will be capped at 12 for 5-7 year olds and 15 for 8-11 year olds and will be led by our Role Models (plus one volunteer where appropriate)
- Each group will remain in the same classroom for the duration of the course
6. Breaks and lunch arrangements
- The children will continue to bring their own packed lunches
- Tables/desks will be wiped each day with anti-bacterial wipes and the children and staff will wash their hands before and after each lunch/snack
7. Actions if a child is unwell
- A reminder that we ask that parents and carers take responsibility for themselves and their children only attending a course if they are well and Covid-19 free.
- If one child tests positive for COVID-19 during the course, the other children on the course can continue to attend, as per government guidelines.
8. Behaviour expectations
The children will need to understand our new measures and practices and to learn to behave accordingly when they attend a course. This will include:
- Following new instructions on hygiene, such as handwashing and sanitising
- Moving around the venue as per specific instructions such as one-way systems
- Understanding and following expectations about sneezing, coughing, tissues and disposal (‘catch it, bin it, kill it’) and avoiding touching their mouth, nose and eyes with their hands
- Telling an adult if they feel unwell, especially if they are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus
The Role Models (course facilitators) will talk to the children about these new practices as well as the school expectations and will support them with regular reminders throughout every day.