Safeguarding in our online meeting rooms
As per our usual practice, all our online course facilitators (“Role Models”) are carefully selected, trained and enhanced DBS checked. Furthermore, we put the following security measures in place to keep our online meetings on Zoom protected:
- Every course has a unique meeting ID which is shared only with people who have made a booking via our website or registered for a taster session
- We have a waiting room for each course to admit or reject participants. Our Role Models make sure to only admit registered users
- Settings for every meeting are set up so that the host is the only one who can share their screen (preventing any participant from sharing anything or writing on the screen)
- Our Role Models can in addition take the following actions for any participant: rename them, prevent use of the chat facility, turn their camera and sound off and ultimately eject them from the meeting
- As part this programme, we record each online course and session for the following purposes; safeguarding, training and quality control. Please note that these recordings will not be shared with anyone outside of Role Models. For safeguarding reasons we are not able to share these recordings with parents who miss a course or session. Recordings will be accessible for a period of 1 month (on Zoom iCloud) and then deleted after this time period has passed.
We are committed to reviewing our policy and procedures annually.