Actions for Parents:
- Pre-Course Form: It is really important for us to have emergency contact details and information on your child’s allergies/intolerances and any additional needs. Please make sure you have filled this in. You should have received an email with a link to this when you booked.
- Parent Class: It’s really important for you as parents to know what we’re doing on each course, so that you can support your child’s learning at home. Therefore parents and carers are invited to attend or watch a 45-minute parent class. This class includes an overview of what your child will cover, one of our key frameworks, Growth Mindset and on-going strategies for how this learning can be supported at home. Louise Treherne, our Head of Character Education will be delivering the class. Please note that due to current governmental guidelines, a recorded webinar will be sent to you.
- Written permission: We require written (email) permission in the following circumstances:
- To administer any medicine to your child, including medicine which the child is permitted to self-administer
- To allow your child to leave the premises on their own
- To allow your child to leave the premises with another parent/carer
Points to remember:
- We do not provide lunch, so please provide your child with a snack, a packed lunch and a water bottle (there is drinking water on site). Lunches should be nut free.
- There will activities each day, so please have your child wear trainers or something suitable for running around. We also recommend bringing a raincoat in case it is raining.
- For those that have attended our Life Skills Courses before, please pack your child’s ‘Learning To Fly’ passport to be stamped at the end of the week.
- For all booking-related enquiries and any enquiries in the lead up to/ following the course, please contact the main office on +44 (0)20 3637 7107.
- If you are running late or for any urgent enquiries during the week of the course, please contact our course Role Models on site using the course phone number, which is in the main email body.
- You’ll receive an email each evening from the course Role Model explaining what was covered during the day.
- Course Role Models will be on hand at the end of each day if you’d like a quick face-to-face chat with them, more time will be allowed for this at 3pm on the last day of the course.
- You will receive a report the following week via email detailing your child’s areas of strength and areas requiring development from the Role Model who taught your child.
- You will be sent a range of follow-up strategies and tips over the weeks following.